When it comes to promoting a cause, mission, business, book, blog …. or ANYTHING for that matter there is a proper way to do so that makes others feel loved, welcomed & involved.
In 13 years of running a successful business with my husband, helping countless people to achieve their desired goals and in sharing Christ through the Ministry of LWLC, I have learned some little tips that will help you to shine your light, live out your purpose and rally people around you that believe in your mission, WITHOUT feeling turned off. A way that helps YOU to successfully promote what The Lord has placed on your heart and in your life in a Christ centered and honoring way.
We live in a world that is highly convenience based and the notion that you can quickly, easily and effortlessly promote your book, blog or business without having to deal with people, build relationships or get involved in the lives of others is making it’s way to the mainstream.
Simply put, this is false. This is also not the Christ centered way to do so. To genuinely care for people means to offer up your services, mission, products etc. in such a way that it makes them feel loved and accepted. To build relationships and lead like Jesus led is the foundation of all you will do. After all, we are called to be the salt and light (Matthew 5:14) & not to involve others in our cause simply for our gain.
Here are 6 Tips I have learned to help you in promoting your _____ (insert book name, blog, business etc.) that also honors Christ well:
- Lead With Love– not with self promotion or self advancement 1 Peter 3:8 – Finally, all of you, be like minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
- ASK What You Can Do for Others not what they can do for you: Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing but encouraging one another and all the more as you see the Day approaching
- Dig DEEP RELATIONSHIP Roots: Get to know people and what matters to them – ask about their lives, what excites or interests them – people want to support people they have relationships with! Philippians 2:4 Do not merely look out for your own personal interests but for the interests of others
- Know Your Platform/Audience: Take the time to know the platform you are seeking to promote on: What are their guidelines, rules, what is the mission and drive behind the group … what is their purpose? How can you plug in and build relationships there? Sometimes you have to INVEST lots of time building true relationships for people to take a true interest in your mission or product.
- Involve Others Interactively in Your Mission: Do not just throw your blog at them but perhaps find like minded people to guest post on your blog – i.e. build relationships! Do not just ASK for what you need but instead = offer up a snippet of your blog/book or a copy for the promoter to read. Ask how you can help partner or advance their mission – people want to help people who show GENUINE interest in them! Galatians 6:10 – SO then, while we have the opportunity let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are in the household of faith.
- Involve JESUS in Your Mission: Bring all things to Him in prayer- ask Him to open the doors only He can and shut those that he knows are not for you! Proverbs 3:5-6- Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding – in all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight.
Remember, above all, let all we do be done in love & without selfish ambition or gain. We have the opportunity as ‘Ladies Who Love Christ’ to honor Jesus well in all we do. This starts with how we approach those in our lives. People will always be able to feel genuineness and kindness. No one likes feeling used, sold or like you only approached them for your gain. I hope these simple tips transform the way you live your life, promote your business and Gods calling on your life. We all are here to serve Him, let us do it well.
Founder, Ladies Who Love Christ
Join our Online Group of Ladies Who Love Christ. LWLC offers live ONLINE Bible Studies, Mini-Teachings & Support to grow in your walk with Jesus. All of our Studies are flexible and stress free. If you are unable to join in the LIVE Study, we archive them so you can go back and watch at any time that works well for you.
Building intimacy with Christ is the highest calling on our lives & LWLC offers the resources to help you do just this.